2nd Grade FFL: Distance learning, week of April 27

Bonjour !  Ça va ?

2nd Graders, before we had to leave school, we spent several weeks working on the French words to name the parts of our face and parts of our body. This week I would like to invite you to review those words and also do some new challenges with them.

This will be your lesson for this week and next, and there are a lot of videos and resources here for you to explore, so please take your time to review them, choose how you’d like to respond to the activities, and then use this Google Form linked here and at the bottom of the post to share your work with me.

First you might review the French words for the parts of the face using this Quizlet set, and the French words for the parts of the body using this Quizlet set Be sure to tap on the “volume” icon to hear how the words are pronounced and repeat them to practice.  There are also some games you can play, as you might remember from when we’ve talked about Quizlet before — you can see some information about how to use it here.

Remember that we also learned a few songs that helped us to remember and review these words.  You might review these also using the links here to earlier blog posts.  Very early in the year, we learned this song about saying our names and naming some of the parts of our face.  Later we learned a French version of “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes.”  More recently we learned this finger-play song that also taught us some new action verbs in French, such as “marcher” and “sauter.”

I’d also like to give you some new resources to continue practicing these words.

Here is a video to hear again the names of the parts of the body in French.  As you hear each one, try repeating the word and gently tapping that part of your body.  In the second part of the video, you can test what you know by trying to find the part named in French.

And here is a video to review the parts of the face in French in a similar way.  You might notice some new words we haven’t learned yet here!  Which ones are they?

Here is a NEW song including many of the words we’ve been reviewing — and also some more new words!  Which ones are those?  Are you able to understand the new words by watching the pictures and movements in the video?

If you might like an extra French challenge, you might watch this video of yoga in French.  You will probably not understand every single word, and that is okay.  You will likely hear some of the words you’ve been practicing in this lesson as the teacher gives instruction about what to do.  If you watch the movements, you might be able to follow along.  This is a yoga sequence designed to “se relaxer avant d’aller au lit,” which means that it’s to help you relax before going to bed.  You could try to watch it then, and see if it will help you to fall asleep, and maybe even have some dreams in French!

Now that you’ve had some time to explore the videos and resources, you can choose how you’d like to show me what you’ve been practicing.

You might make a drawing of yourself and add labels to show the French words you’ve been reviewing in this lesson.  Here on the right is an example of what that might look like.

You might choose to make a video of yourself showing and naming the different parts of your face and body that you now know how to name in French.  I made a video myself as an example.  Take a look!

Once you’ve chosen a way to show what you’ve learned, please use this Google Form to share your thoughts and work with me I can’t wait to hear from you!

Bon courage !  A bientôt ! 

Ms. Patterson